You died, now you are an angel

Sunday night, December 31, 2017 and I wake up on the gravel next to my dismantled car. I look down at my hands and legs, still there but bloody. I put my hands up to my head, more blood.

"What the fuck just happened?" I think to myself, trying to recall the last moments leading up to this.

Chaos all around me, flashing blue and red lights, screaming people everywhere. There's a man that's been ejected from his seat, he didn't make it all the way through his windshield. A woman, laying next to the car, sobbing. She's also bleeding.

I stand up and it's easier than expected but I still take the time to make sure I don't topple over. I look down and I see myself, laying there, eyes closed. A man walks over and puts his hands on my neck, his head sinks into his chest and then walks away.

My eyes widen.

"That's me? But I'm me. What the fuck is going on!" I yell, nobody hears me.

I walk up to the man that touched me, I try to get his attention but he's ignoring me. I walk up to a woman, I tap her on the shoulder, she turns but she acts like she doesn't see me.

"It smells like alcohol in the deceased man's car. I bet anything that drinking was involved in this fatal crash." I hear an EMT say.

Fatal crash?

I look over at my body and see another EMT put it in a black bag and zip over my face. It hits me and I feel my heart sink.

I'm dead. I died in that accident. What am I now?

I start walking down the road, and suddenly I noticed more and more people around me. But they aren't crying. They aren't panicking. They're happy. They're laughing and smiling and waving at me.

I walk over to a woman, blonde with blue eyes. Wearing the most beautiful dress I've ever seen.

"What's happening?" I ask her. My voice is no longer concerned or with fear. It's calm and I'm calm.

"You've died but don't worry. We're all dead. Now it's time to have some fun. Come with me."

_________________________________

Writing Prompts, Reddit

Comments