Teleported Into My Game

Another work week is over and all I look forward to this weekend is playing video games.

It's Saturday morning and I quickly take my dog on a walk, grab some snacks and sit right down onto my computer chair and load up a game.

As I'm in the queue waiting for my game to start, my phone starts ringing. It's a phone number I don't recognize so I ignore it. The number immediately calls back right away and I decide to answer it and by the time I opened my eyes after I blinked, I find myself in an airplane with 80 other people watching them jump out.

"What the hell is happening? Where am I?" I start to panic and I hope someone around me answers, but they don't.

One of the last people gets ready to jump out of the airplane but before he does, he turns back to me and says, "see you in the battlegrounds" and it hits me, I'm in my game. This is literally a life or death situation right now.

It's my turn to jump out of the airplane. I look out of the side and start panicking even more. I have to force myself to jump and as soon as I'm out, I feel my heart fall into my stomach.

I scream all the way down and eventually pull my parachute as I get closer to an abandoned building.

I look around for any type of weapon or armor that I can find and I pack it all into my backpack and I get ready to head out into the battlegrounds.

I creep around the windows and very carefully look out for other players.

I see another person running around a building across the street and I panic even more.

I load bullets into my gun and put another pistol into my pocket.

"This is all a big dream." I say as I prepare myself to go outside and find this other player. "I can't really die, can I?"

I kick down the door in front of me and carefully run into the other building. I can hear someone else rummaging through every room looking for weapons. I quietly walk up the stairs but as I step on the last step, it creaks. I can hear the other person stop looking around.

I can feel my heart beating really fast and I just decide to go for it. They know I'm in here now so what's the point?

I run into the room that she's in and I get my gun ready to fire. I notice she doesn't have anything with her but I quickly shoot her anyways. I watch her fall down and I search her pockets for anything she might have. An energy drink. I'll save that for later.

The battlegrounds start to shrink as more and more people are murdered. I have looked through so many buildings at this point and have found a lot of weapons and some health packs. I haven't seen anybody since that girl and I'm kind of glad. I do feel bad for killing that girl, but it's a game, right?

More and more people are murdered and I'm starting to make my way to the middle of the battlegrounds where the last of us will be. I hide behind as many trees and boulders as I can as I'm starting to see the last players. I'm so close to winning I can feel it.

There's just me and one other person in the game now and I can see him laying in the bushes. I think to myself if I should ambush him or wait it out for him to make a mistake. I quickly duck from one tree to another and I'm watching as the other player runs a little bit closer to me. I know he doesn't see me but I'm starting to panic again as he gets closer and closer.

I load more bullets into my sniper rifle and get ready to take aim.

I can barely see the other person in the bushes but I take a shot anyways. I miss.

I watch as he runs into another set of bushes and tries to find where I am. I load another bullet into my sniper and try to relax as I load him into my sights again.

I shoot.

I look up and I see a helicopter flying above where I am and get ready to land.

I load more bullets into my other guns and get ready for whatever might come out of that helicopter.

A group of people walk out and tell me not to shoot, that they're on my side. I half believe them but I approach them anyways but still looking out for that other person that still might be out there.

"Please, come into the helicopter. The game is over." A woman says smiling as she takes off my helmet.

It's silence as we head into the helicopter and they don't say much as we sit down and take off.

"What's going on? What happened to that other guy?" I ask, confused.

"Congratulations." The woman says to me as she hands me a coupon.

I take the coupon from her hands and read that I've won a chicken dinner.

Comments