Desperately Trying to Sell a Haunted House

I get to work bright and early to check my e-mail.

"Ah, yes! Another house looking to sell." I think myself as I grab the number to the couple that I'll be meeting with later today.

I get out of my car and I gasp as my eyes fall upon this absolutely stunning brick Victorian house that looks like it was built in the late 1800s, still very well put together for how old it is. The perfectly painted white window panes are lines with the most gorgeous purple, pink and blue flowers I have ever seen.

"Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Norton." I greet them with a handshake when in reality, I want to give them a giant hug for giving me this gorgeous house to sell. "I'm Natalie and I'm here to sell your beautiful home. May I ask why you're looking to stray away from this place?"

Mrs. Norton sighs as her brown hairs fall from her high bun.

"Please, call me Beth." She says with her arms crossed. "We're so glad that you're here."

I follow them up their front stairs into their giant double front doors and am greeted by even more gorgeousness that is the actual inside of their home. Beautiful, dark hard woods floors, light grey walls with white borders. I cannot believe they're trying to leave this place.

I follow Mr. Norton, Steven, into their living room to talk more about why they're selling and what they're looking to get.

"We know that it should be worth more but his house has some... quirks that we know people will be hesitant to deal with. We absolutely love this house but we're exhausted from dealing what we have to deal with on a daily basis." Steven admits.

"What could you possibly mean? I've sold lots of houses, so I've been through a lot." I reassure them.

"Well, we believe that this house is haunted." Beth says.

I kind of chuckle at the thought. I can't even count on my hands how many times a client has told me that their house was haunted but it ended up being loud pipes, or squeaky staircases.

"I will do my best to sell this haunted house. Can you tell me why you think that this house is haunted?" I ask.

"We bought this house for pretty cheap as well because we were told before that the owners of this house before us, there were some murders and suicides. The husband was drunk one night and his wife didn't cook him what he wanted so he slaughtered her along with their five children. Pretty horrific." Steven sighs. "We hear and experience some very scary stuff and we barely sleep anymore."

We finish up our talk and they talk me a tour of the house. Every room is just as beautiful as the next. As we walk into their master bedroom, I notice that this room is significantly colder than the other ones. I ask them if there's a problem getting heat into this part of the house.

Steven sighs, "no, this is where the murders happened. This is where most of the unusual events happen."

After the tour of their house, I leave to go back to my office, trying to figure out how to sell this home. Of course, I do have to mention the murders but I don't even think to mention any of the surreal events that have been happening. How do I even know if they're true or not?

The next morning I arrive to my office and notice that I have an email from somebody that's interested in the house. I make an appointment for the next day.

The day of the showing, I show up early to get situated and wait for the people to come see the house. While I'm waiting, I hear a door slam upstairs.

"That's interesting," I think to myself. "I thought everybody was out of the house."

I walk up the steps and notice that their pictures have fallen off of the walls. I quickly put them back up and check to make sure that all the doors are open. I notice that the door to the master bedroom was closed and was already open when I arrived.

"Interesting..." I think to myself again.

The people show up to look at the house, they love the house and leave after a few hours when it becomes dark.

As I'm picking up all of my paperwork to get ready to leave, I hear a door in the basement slam. I start to walk towards the basement and I notice that as I get closer and closer to the basement door that it's getting colder and colder. The doorknob is freezing.

Comments